Jupiter Marine Sales is pleased to assist you in the purchase of this vessel. This boat is centrally listed by Advantage Yacht Sales & Service Inc..
Jupiter Marine Sales offers the details of this yacht in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of this boat for sale. A yacht buyer should instruct his yacht broker, or his boat surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This yacht for sale is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Hull Material: Fibreglass/GRP
NEW TO MARKET APRIL 2021
- Engine/Fuel Type:
- Single / diesel
- Located In:
- Fort Pierce, FL
- Hull Material:
- Current Price:
- US$ 165,000 (£ 119,922)
We take pride in knowing our listings inside and out. We are aboard every boat we represent.
If the person you are corresponding with has never been aboard this vessel, and lacks firsthand knowledge of this boat on your first inquire, please be aware you are not speaking with the listing broker.
We are proud to offer one of Irwin’s finest models: the incredibly inviting Irwin 52 Mark II.
These world renowned sailing vessels are known for their sailing capabilities as well as their spacious accommodations.
Far in advance of many manufacturers Irwin knew that accommodations mattered when it came time to spending an abundance of time aboard and Irwin 52 delivers.
The vessel features three private staterooms, three private heads, a salon that you can dance in, and a galley fit for a chef. The layout is functional, attractive, open and very comfortable. Headroom is abundant for those on the taller side.
The Irwin 52 has beautiful traditional lines and carries those lines well even with a generous beam. Many of today’s manufacturers are so concerned with interior volume that it looks like they built the interior first then wrapped it in fiberglass. Irwin was able to offer both in a symbiotic relationship between immense interior volume and respectable semi traditional lines.
This boat has had three owners since new. The second owner stored the boat out of the water for over 20 years and the current owner has spent the last 10 years breathing new life into it. That means it has almost 30 years less use than other 52’s on the market.It has 750 original hours, half of which were accumulated in the last year after being launched in early spring 2020.
The Sellers poured their life into this boat making sure that essential systems and equipment were refurbished or replaced as necessary. This is a monumental task on a boat of this size and shows the Sellers’ passion and fortitude, two things that always benefit a sailing yacht.
Some notable upgrades:
- If the specs read “New, Newer, or Redone” the work was completed from 2012 to present
- All new standing rigging and mast hardware 2020
- All new Dineama running rigging 2020
- A complete makeover of the salon including: upholstery, headliner, lighting, flooring, and finishes
- A complete galley including: countertops, stove/oven, fridge, lighting, headliner and custom cabinets
- Updating of heads and the aft and mid-ship staterooms (V berth was used as bosons locker)
- New bow thruster install completed 2017
- New shaft, cutlass bearing, and stuffing box 2018
- Full mechanical service on main engine and genset
- Hull and topsides repainted
- Bottom barrier coated and bottom painted 2019
- New oversized ground tackle
- New hard dodger and full enclosure
- Custom dinghy davit system
- Large capacity water maker
- New 2000 watt inverter and solar panels
And much more….Please read the Additional Details tab for all the information.
For those less familiar with the Irwin’s it is important to note that the company fully redesigned the fleet starting in the early 1980’s in an effort to be more competitive in a growing market. The new level of quality is easy to see. It is almost as if the boats were produced by an entirely different boat company. If you are familiar with the Irwin’s of the 1970’s don’t be fooled into thinking you know the Irwin’s of the 1980’s.
THIS YACHT IS PRICED TO SELL NOW….Don’t miss out.
Please take a moment to visit the “Additional Details” to learn more about this vessel.
ALL PHOTOS TAKEN APRIL 2021
For more information please call our office 772.597.0707.
Calling is the recommended way to correspond with us on this listing.
Please contact Master User at Office: 772.597.0707
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Irwin Yachts
Designer: Ted Irwin
LOA: 52 ft 0 in
Beam: 15 ft 5 in
LWL: 44 ft 0 in
Length of Deck: 56 ft 0 in
Maximum Draft: 5 ft 6 in
Displacement: 55000 lbs Full Load
Ballast: 16100 lbs
Bridge Clearance: 71 ft 0 in
Total Power: 85 HP
Engine Brand: Perkins
Year Built: 1984
Engine Model: 4-236
Engine Type: Inboard
Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
Engine Hours: 750
Engine Power: 85 HP
Fresh Water Tanks: (375 Gallons)
Fuel Tanks: (250 Gallons)
Holding Tanks: (22 Gallons)
Number of heads: 3
As you descend the companionway steps from the secure center cockpit there is an immediate sense that this is a proper yacht interior. The space is expansive, with a nice blend of wood finishes, accented by generous light streaming through the dead lights (windows) and multiple over head hatches, all culminating into a feeling that makes you feel right at home.
Starboard of the companionway and aft of the salon is the well appointed galley with ample countertop space, multiples of drawers and lockers, large front loading refrigeration and freezer, 4 burner stove with oven, a stainless steel sink, and well thought out touches, that make time in the galley a dream.
- The galley was completely redone including: Most plumbing, lighting, countertops, headliner, cabinetry, flooring, stove, fridge.
- New Formica counter surfaces
- Sea rails on all edges
- Newer NovaKool Front loading fridge and freezer
- Newer Force 10 Four-burner Stainless Steel LPG stove with oven
- Propane shut off switch and panel
- Large stainless steel sink
- Hot & cold pressure water tap
- Deluxe dish rack & cutlery drawers
- Large storage areas above & below counter
- Multiples of Storage drawers and lockers
- Large pantry locker
- New Sole
Port of the companionway in the aft part of the salon is the rear facing nav station with large nav table, A/C D/C electrical panels, electronics, chart stowage, and stowage. Plot the course of your dreams from this well thought out station.
- Completely redone
- Large table with tray storage under
- Custom storage areas
- Electronics cabinet w. master AC-DC electrical panels
- Owner installed equipment (see Electronics)
Forward of the nav station and the galley is the main salon. This vessel offers an L Shaped Settee with seating for 6 with custom large high low table in the center that is sure to be the venue for many wonderful meals and an equal amount of memorable conversations. On the starboard side of the salon is another L shaped settee with additional seating for 6. Invite more than a few friends over and there will be plenty of seating for all. The storage below, behind and above the settees let you bring along everything you need and even a little you don’t. Enjoy a proper meal with friends on the large dining table, or keep it all to yourself for a romantic dinner for two. Recline and relax with your favorite book and let the afternoon slip away when in-climate weather presides.
- Completely redone
- Facing L Shaped Settee with beautiful custom large high low table
- All new cushions including 5″ foam upholstered in designer fabric new 2013
- New custom African Mahogany salon table
- Teak cabinets & bookshelves & wine locker outboard of settee
- Large stowage areas behind & under settee
- New Lonseal teak & holly sole 2014
- Large opening overhead hatch and non opening windows w. all new lens
- Double opening teak companionway doors with sliding lexan hatch
- Refinished bulkheads, cabinetry, and trim
- Soft surface interior headliner accented by teak trim new 2013
Forward of the salon to starboard is a mid-ship guest wet head (meaning no separate shower) featuring a large vanity, sink, storage cabinets, and easy to clean fiberglass walls. The head was redone and updated.
- Redone including lighting and plumbing
- Large vanity with sink
- Storage cabinets
- Opening port light and hatch
- Manual Head with holding tank
Port of the mid-ship guest head is the private mid-ship stateroom featuring a large 6’+ Pullman berth, hanging locker, shelving, plus great lighting and ventilation from an opening overhead hatch and port lights. After a long day of sailing, or just some fun relaxing in the sun, the mid-ship stateroom is a great place to rest and recharge for the exciting day ahead.
Guest Mid-Ship Cabin:
- Completely redone
- Privacy door
- Large Pullman-berth
- Newer Custom mattress
- Large stowage lockers under berth
- Generous hanging locker
- Multiple Drawers
- Overhead hatch
- Teak and holly sole
Forward of the mid-ship guest stateroom is the Forward Stateroom with V Berth and private wet heat. It features a hanging locker, shelving, and great lighting and ventilation from an opening overhead hatch and port lights. NOTE: It was used as a bosons locker and was never finished out. Finishing will be required to make it into a functional stateroom.
Moving back aft of the Salon is the passageway that runs down the port side of the cockpit, port of galley. A washer dryer is located in the center counter separating the galley and passageway.
- Custom office area
- Newer Splendide Washer and dryer
- Good head room
Moving aft through the passageway you enter the large aft master stateroom featuring a center-line queen berth, multiple drawers and shelving, 2 large hanging lockers and great ventilation from large overhead hatch and port lights. The accommodations are complete and comfortable The aft stateroom was completely redone and is truly a proper master cabin with on-suite head.
Aft Master Cabin:
- Completely Updated
- Privacy door to main cabin
- Large center-line queen
- Newer 4 inch custom mattress with Froli System (for ventilation)
- Stowage lockers under berth
- Multiple Drawers
- 2 Hanging lockers
- Shelving on outboard sides
- Opening Hatch
- Teak & holly sole
- Private head
On the starboard side of Master Stateroom is the on-suite with separate shower featuring a large vanity, sink, storage cabinets and easy to clean fiberglass walls. The head was completely redone.
- Completely redone
- Electric drain pump for shower
- Refurbished shower and tub
- New plumbing
- Curtain on track
- Large vanity with sink
- Storage cabinets
- Electric Marine Head with holding tank and macerator
NOTE: THE VESSEL DOES NOT HAVE AIR CONDTIONING.The units are there and have yet to be put back in service.
A basic electronics package can easily be complimented by newer options like Navionics on an I Pad and many others.
- Garmin Echomap CV Chartplotter mounted at helm
- Depth Sounder
- Ritchie Compass
- VHF w. mizzen mast antenna
- VHF with AIS receiver and main mast antenna
- New Co Ax and antennas 2019
- (1) Group 24 Start Battery for main and genset
- (4) 6v Batteries for House Bank (235 AHs) new 2020
- (2) AGM Bow Thruster batteries
- 2000 watt KISA Inverter new 2019
- 4KW Kohler Generator (see note in Engine and Genset)
- Newer ProMariner 1230 60 amp multi bank Battery Charger
- Battery Monitor
- 4 American Solar 160 Watt Solar Panels 2018
- Victron 60 amp solar controller w. battery meter 2018
- Deluxe electric panels
- Four-way battery switch
- AC 30 amp dockside power system
- Circuit breakers for DC & AC systems
- DC & AC gauges
- Numerous interior outlets
- Numerous 12V LED interior lamps
- High-intensity running lights
- Foredeck light mast mounted at spreaders
- Kumar 11 Gal. Water heater new 2019
- Large Capacity Water Maker new 2018
- Pressure water system
- Hot & cold water tap in galley, heads, and shower
- Manual Raw and Fresh water pump in galley
- LPG stove system w. tanks, remote solenoid shutoff
- 2 newer Marine heads with newer sanitation hose, direct overboard discharge or bypass valve into holding tank and macerator
- Head Hoses replaced
- 2 holding tanks w. deck pump out fitting and macerator
- 375 gallon (US) fresh water tank w. deck fill
- 250 gallon (US) fuel tank w. shutoff valve, deck fill
- Water tankage below cabin sole maximizing storage space & minimizing trim changes
- Deck fittings for water, fuel, waste – stainless steel w. deck key
- 2- Rule 3000 High output Electric bilge pumps w. auto switch integral w. master panel
- Manual bilge pump – heavy duty (1 1-2″ hose) mounted in cockpit near helm
- Shower drain pump
The proper size center cockpit is perfect for entertaining, relaxing and commanding the vessel. The helm is well laid out with engine controls and electronics in easy reach. The hinged cockpit table is great for entertaining guests or for a romantic cocktail hour as the sun slips below the horizon. The rear helm seat is a cozy spot for two underway or relaxing at anchor.
- Custom Fiberglass Hard Dodger w. polycarbonate windows new 2017
- Custom Fiberglass Hardtop 2017
- Full Screen Enclosure 2018
- Full Strataglass 40 mil cockpit enclosure 2018
- Engine controls
- Hinged cockpit table
- Ritchie pedestal mounted compass
- Electronics mounted at helm
- Non Skid fiberglass cockpit sole
The deck layout is functional and easy to traverse making moving about under sail or at anchor safe and effortless. Anchoring is made easy with a wonderful windlass and ground tackle package.
At the dock, under sail, or at anchor, this vessel’s topsides have all you need to enjoy every moment.
- Decks repainted 3 part polyurethane in 2016 (non skid will need to be top coated)
- 105 Mantus Spade self-launch primary anchor new 2017
- 250′ G4 3/8″ Anchor Chain new 2017
- Fortress FX 11 secondary anchor
- Lofrans Tigris 12v Electric Windlass
- Fenders & Lines
- Welded stainless steel double bow rail & stern rail
- Stainless Steel Stanchions
- New 3/16″ Dyneema Double lifelines w. side gates 2018
- Full-length teak cabin top hand rails
- Two stainless steel anchor rollers w. chocks and hinged deck pipes to forepeak
- Midship cleats
- Chocks & chafe guards
- Multiple opening ports
- Numerous deck hatches – (acrylic & aluminum)
- New Lens in hatches 2012 (covered since replaced)
- Side windows replaced 2012
- Deck ventilators (dorade type)
- Large forepeak with overhead deck pipes, drain to bilge, and center divider
- Contoured cockpit seats
- Coaming storage boxes
- Molded sliding companionway hatch
- Companionway doors of solid teak
- Fresh water cockpit shower / wash down
- LPG deck storage bin with propane tanks
- Custom Davits and outboard mount new 2018
- Hull Sides painted 2014
- Recent teak rub rail and toe rail damage on port and starboard forward will need repair (Not storm damage)
- 2 coats of Pettit Protect Epoxy Primer 2019
- Trinidad SR anti foul bottom paint 2019
- Boat was out of the water for almost 30 yrs when launched in 2020
- DRAFT is 5’6″ board UP and 12’6″ board DOWN
- Centerboard fully serviced 2019
Keel stepped newly painted aluminum Masts. MAST HEIGHT IS OVER 65′
Sails and rigging:
- Mast stepped in 2020
- Standing rigging replaced 2020
- Running rigging replaced w. Dyneema and yacht braid 2020
- New mast hardware 2020
- Winches serviced and lubricated 2020
- Mast rewired 2020
- Masts and booms repainted
- Main Sail (serviceable condition)
- Needs main sail cover
- 130 Furling Genoa (serviceable condition)
- Storm sail (serviceable condition)
- Mizzen sail (serviceable condition)
- Genoa gear, including tracks, blocks, sheets and furling system
- 2 Lewmar self tailing sheet winches
- 2 Lewmar self tailing secondary sheet winches
- 1 Lewmar halyard winch
- 2 Lewmar halyard winches
- All halyards internal
- Winch handles
- Midboom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit & dodger installation
- Main sheet traveler
- Adjustable topping lift
Low hour Perkins 4-236 diesel has enjoyed great care and maintenance and powers the vessel nicely when the sails are stowed. Great engine access under the floor in main salon.
- Perkins 4-236 four-cylinder, fresh water cooled
- Only 750 original hours (half put on within the last year)
- Rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed
- 3-blade feathering prop
- New water lift muffler
- New mixing elbow
- Complete New exhaust system
- New raw water pump
- Injectors cleaned and serviced
- Alternator inspected and serviced
- Starter inspected and serviced
- Borg Warner Velvet Drive Gear CR71
- New rear gear seal
- New shift cable
- Dual Racor fuel filter / water separator
- Fuel cleaned and polished
- All new fuel lines
- New tank gauges
- Sound control in engine compartment
- Bronze engine intake strainer
- Recessed cockpit instrument panel w.gauges
- Engine control mounted on pedestal
- 4 KW Kohler Generator
- Model uses Yanmar 2GM Block
- 1370 original hours
- New fuel solenoid
- New exhaust system
- Complete service including cooling system, and control box
- New prop shaft 2018
- New cutlass bearing 2018
- Repacked stuffing box 2018
- New pillow block and support plate 2017
- Universal joint refurbished 2018
- Sidepower 105 (Installed 2011, Connected to power and blades installed 2017)
Tender and Motor:
There is a 2020 Highfield Dinghy with an older 15hp 4-stroke outboard that is NOT included in the sale.
If the purchaser of the Irwin would like to purchase it, it may be available as a separate private party transaction but will not be included with the Irwin.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.