INSPIRED AND CUSTOM BUILT.
If you can dream it, Intrepid can build it. No other boatbuilder so precisely and proudly reflects the unique desires of each individual owner. From legendary center consoles to luxurious sport yachts, Intrepid powerboats are custom equipped with the latest features and technologies. Our signature stepped-hull design delivers unmatched speed, fuel efficiency, and performance culminating in the incomparably smooth, dry ride and extraordinary stability that distinguish an Intrepid from any other boat on the water.
Game-changing innovation is a hallmark of the Intrepid brand. Innovation often imitated, but never equaled. For 40 years Intrepid has led the way, creating custom-crafted outboards that set new standards for luxury, versatility, and performance. When it comes to safety, Intrepid has always gone the extra nautical mile, creating the safest, most comfortable, family-friendly vessels imaginable by delivering unmatched performance in any weather or nautical conditions.
From safer seating, more secure hatches, and strategically placed grab rails to higher freeboards, spacious heads, and redundant mechanical, electrical and safety systems, an Intrepid inspires incomparable peace of mind.
Thanks to o innovative stepped hull design, our boats’ center of gravity is positioned perfectly, producing an extraordinarily well-balanced ride. The boat takes off level and feels like you’re levitating onto plane. Waves are flattened at any angle, with very little jolt transmitted. This makes for a smooth, dry ride, with no lag, and a noise factor that really is no factor at all.
The hull of the Nomad 427 FE is based on the 438 Evolution, a proven shape with a stepped bottom. However, they dropped the sheer and ran the transom past the deck to do away with the splash well, creating a flat space that you can walk across. The boat has a sleek look, accentuated by its gray hull sides and clean lines.
The versatile nature of the Nomad 427 FE makes it a great fishing boat, dive boat, cruiser or superyacht tender. There’s a dive door to port and a drop-down hullside platform to starboard that’s operated with the push of a button and locks into place with pins. Inside the drop-down platform is a recessed ladder for easy in and out access to the boat. The transom holds a bench seat that’s hardly noticeable in the upright position, but when it’s down it has an angled back rest so it’s actually comfortable. Two livewells live in the corners of the transom. Intrepid uses Euro-style drop-down cleats with curved lines that are stout and handsome.
The entertainment center aft of the helm is customized with drawers, tackle center, grill and fridge. Underneath, a pull-out cooler has unique hinges; it opens from the rear like a hatch so the grabrail above it won’t get in the way. A large in-deck storage area houses the Gyro Stabilizer #5. The aft electric shade that extends from the hardtop completely tucks away—you don’t even notice it until it starts to open.
The curved windscreen at the helm has a vent that opens with a button to let air flow. The sightlines are wide open; even the curved portion of the glass does not distort the visibility. The switch panel runs in an upside-down U shape across the dash that catches your eye. Laying out the switches along the brow in this fashion gains real estate on the helm while also creating an appealing, functional design. You never lose sight of the switches or have to fumble around to find a switch on the underside of the helm. The breakers reside behind a hatch on the port side of the console. Shorter folks can raise the helm platform and adjust the helm seat forward with buttons to improve sightlines even more. The bowthruster reinforce that assurance when docking in windy conditions. The aft bench folds away while the hi-lo bow table can drop down for a cushion insert or sit flush with the deck.
The FE in the model’s name stands for front entry, referring to the head access in the console. The forward seat slides open, revealing a tall space complete with a shower and more than enough room to clean up and change after playing on the water. An island sunpad opens to reveal a giant insulated fish box that should hold ice for days.
Underway the Nomad 427 FE shoots out of the hole smoothly with little bow rise. The engines are powerful yet quiet, just throaty enough to make me think of a Harley-Davidson at idle. The boat cuts through the calm seas. I ran her at a quartering angle to the light chop to try and get a sense of how the boat may handle in rougher water. The boat just ate it up. We hit a top speed of 58 knots with the Mercury auto-trim. The boat also has trim tabs, which work well under heavy sea and wind conditions. The 427 FE handles like a heavy boat, which I mean as a compliment. It rides soft. No pounding. No digging. There is no spray on the windscreen while underway with wind and choppy sea conditions, nevertheless there are windshield wipers to aid in case of water spray or rain. The boat is truly a joy to drive.
The process begins with the owner customizing the vessel to their liking, choosing the colors, options, and layout. Their build is assigned a number, and they will receive photos and updates as the project progresses down the line, kind of like a baby book.
Intrepid does everything in house. They design the boats, create the molds, build the wiring harnesses—all of it. And sometimes it’s a painful process. Case in point is the center console. Intrepid wanted to add recessed design elements to the console, but this can cause the part to lock inside the mold as it breaks the rules of geometry. So, they decided to build the mold in four pieces. This way the mold can be removed by unbolting the flanges. The console comes out as one integrated piece, although the seams must be ground and faired to give it that smooth Intrepid look. It takes more time and more labor, but to him, it’s worth it.
This seems to happen a lot at Intrepid. If they want a part to look a certain way. They build a model of the idea out of cardboard, take it to the engineers or the machine shop and ask them to replicate it. There’s no part they can’t build, no matter the shape. Intrepid is willing to take it to the next step, to give the customer something no one else will.
You often see superyachts using an Intrepid as a tender, and these vessels don’t dominate that segment by accident. No one else wanted to build tenders given that a towed boat must sustain in 6- to 8-foot seas as it gets yanked around like a rag doll. Intrepid stepped in, and it forced them to build a stronger boat. A win-win for everyone.
The company was an early adopter of vacuum-infusion, a process. The hull, decks and most other parts of the boat are bagged up with tubes running in all directions. Resin is pulled in through the tubes in a very precise manner so there are no voids and a consistent amount of resin is moved throughout. This creates a stronger piece along with a weight savings, because gravity will cause resin which is applied on with a roller to puddle up in lower areas as it dries.
The company makes the cabinetry and interiors out of fiberglass and places a wood veneer overtop. The cabinets are glassed to the superstructure, which adds more strength and integrity. Intrepid build everything as if it’s a piece of the hull or the stringer. This creates a unified system.
• 427 Nomad FE Enclosed Premium FRP Hard Top,
Glass Windshield, Power Vent, Wiper, Helm Seat
Cabinet, Separate Head and Storage Below
• Aluminum Fuel Tank – Main 530 Gallons
• Bilges Painted Urethane Hi Gloss White
• Bow Eye
• Bulkheads and Stringer Grid System Composite
• Custom Synthetic Flooring in Head
• Guttered Cockpit Hatches with Self Bailing Cockpit
• Heavy Duty Vinyl Rub Rail
• Hybrid Vinyl Ester Resin
• Integrated Engine Motorwell
• Intrepid Hi-Flex White/White Gel Coat
• Marine Grade Copper Tinned Wiring
• Non-Skid Deck and Gunwales
• PVC Foam Core, Vacuum-bagged, Non-Woven Multidirectional
and Uni-directional Fibers, Infused and
• Seacocks on thru-hulls below waterline
• Solid Stainless Steel Hardware
• Spacious Console w/Head Below
• Belloca Steering Wheel – Stainless Steel
• Thru-Hull Fittings – Bronze Below Waterline
• Thru-Hull Fittings – Stainless Steel Above Waterline
• Electric Head with Macerator for Holding Tank (20
• Custom synthetic floor on aft engine platform
• Fender Storage (3) – Port Forward
• Trash Bin – Strb Forward
• Fresh Water Supply to Head
• Fresh Water System – Pressurized (80 Gallons)
• Hullside Door Swing In with Fold Out Ladder
• Sunshade on Aft of Top Electric
• Actuated Helm Sole Platform – 4” High
• Anchor Locker – Self Draining w/Hidden Cleat
• Anchor Roller
• Cockpit Coaming Bolsters
• Fiberglass Folding Entry Footstep under Gunwale
• High/Low Actuated Table/Filler for Forward Seating
• Pull-Up Cleats 10″ (8)
• Batteries Lithium except Bow Thruster gets AGM
• Battery Charger (up to 4 Batteries)
• Bilge Pumps Automatic (3)
• Bow Thruster
• Breaker Panel and Switches
• Cockpit Lights LED
• Galvanic Isolator
• Navigation Lights
• Outlet 1 USB 12-Volt in Console Glove Box
• Shore Power with Battery Charger and 50′
Shore Cord (30 Amp)
• Sport Yacht Anchor Light
• Trim Tabs – Hydraulic Hi-Performance
• Windlass w/200′ Line, 15′ Chain and Stainless Steel
• Zinc Anodes
• Raw Water Washdown
• Insulated Fishbox Starboard Aft Only
• Fire Extinguishers
• Fold Under Swim Ladder
• Fiberglass Folding Rear Bench Seat
• Forward Lounge/Electric Backrests/Deck Storage/
• Forward Seating w/Storage and Electric Backrests
• Ocean Elite Helm Seat w/Fiberglass Base Triple Wide
• White / White Gelcoat
• Paint Accent Stripe
• Paint Boot Stripe
• Additional Battery(s) (Ea)
• Battery Charger (5 Batteries or more)
• Cockpit Fridge
• Additional Fuel Tank (70 Gal Aux Tank)
• Additional Pull-Up Cleats 10” (Ea)
• Intrepid Custom Fender Clips (Ea)
• Install Transducer(s) – Customer Supplied (Ea)
• Spreader Light – LED (Ea)
• Generator Diesel Includes Diesel Tank (20 Gallons)
• Inverter w/Built in Battery Charger, (2) Batteries
• Hullside folding swim platform with integrated ladder
• Designer Diamond Pattern Upholstery
• Rubrail with Stainless Steel Insert
• Engine Flush System
• Fresh Water Washdown for Anchor Locker
• CE Certification
• High Water Alarm
• Frigid Rigid on Slides for Aft Facing Cabinet
• Removable Fiberglass Table
• Grill in Aft Facing Cabinet
• Ocean Elite Helm Seat Upgrade
• Fresh & Raw Water Supply to Head
• Baitwell port & starboard w/Light
• Outriggers and Poles
• Rod Holders in Gunwales
• Rod Racks in Rod Lockers Forward
• Rod Racks Under Gunwales
• Port and/or Strb Transom Above Deck Baitwell
• Mate Series Rod/Cup Holder (Ea)
• Pre-Wire for Down Rigger/Electric Reel Plug
– 12 Volt/30 Amp
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
This boat is centrally listed by 1 Ocean Yachts.This vessel is offered as a convenience by this yacht broker to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a specific yacht for sale.